This month is based around the Cancer sign in the zodiac, which is the 4th sign in the zodiac, and also a water sign which is ruled by the moon. With this week here at Lionesse being centered around your sign, Cancer, we thought it would be a fun, helpful idea to bring on guest blogger Sarah McCormick to give you a helpful casual makeup look with pictures in a fun how-to tutorial. This look is centered around a look that would look particularly nice on you, Cancer, so stay focused and implement at least some of these tips into your regimen the next time you have some free time in front of a mirror. Here’s Sarah with more!
Hello, hello ladies. Thanks for joining me today in my Cancer makeup tutorial, as I detail one of the simplest and most natural looks for the beloved Cancer sign. You Cancerians do really well with shimmery makeup looks, and that’s exactly what I’m bringing you today – plus a pop of pink in the right places. Let’s get started!
Here’s what I used to get my look:
- Lionesse Shimmer Powder in SH-09 – it’s a very shimmery white/off white and perhaps even light tan sort of color that looks fabulous for all of you Cancer girls!
- Lionesse Mascara
- Sephora Collection duo blush in Guava Glow – this has the perfect mix of peach and pink, perfect again for a Cancer
- Covergirl Lip Lava gloss in Lava Glow – this is a metallic hue, gold (one of my favorites!) since I couldn’t seem to find a silver hue; however; any metallic color will work well with your sign
- Wet n’ Wild Just Peachy lipstick – Doesn’t feel very good on dry lips, so be sure to use lip balm over the lips to give it a smoother glide. The color is gorgeous and very on point for you, Cancer!
- NYX Brown eyeliner pencil
- Bonne Belle Eyeshadow Box – Café Classics plum/tan color
- Highlighting powder
- Translucent powder
To get the look, this is what you will need to do:
Step 1: Begin with a fresh, clean face. You will want to wait to apply foundation, concealer, and primer until after your eyes are complete to avoid fallout all over your products.
Step 2: Go in with your Lionesse Shimmer Powder all over the eyelid with an eyeshadow brush. Don’t worry if the powder gets on your eyelashes right now, we are going to be using mascara afterwards which will cover up any of the powder. I applied a small winged eyeliner look prior to beginning this tutorial, you can choose to do this or not – it’s completely up to you. Cancer’s don’t typically wear winged eyeliner unless they are going out for the evening or for a special occasion, so if you want to keep it more traditional, then don’t.
Step 3: Go in with your plum/tan color over the crease of the eyelid and blend down to the corner of the eye. Blend inwards towards the center of the eyelid with a bit more product, keeping it subtle.
Step 4: Go in with your brown eyeliner pencil to the bottom eyelash line, and to the top lash line if you chose not to do the winged look. Blend well.
Step 5: Use your Lionesse mascara on both the top and bottom lashes.
Step 6: Apply your primer, concealer, and foundation.
Step 7: Using your blush, apply lightly to the apples of the cheeks, blending outwards.
Step 8: Go in near the eye and apply a little bit of highlighting powder in this area. Blend out around the eye area. Do the same thing up near the brow bone for that extra shimmer.
Step 9: Apply your pink lipstick.
Step 10: Go in with your lip gloss and coat the lips with the product.
You’re finished! A fun, casual Cancer look that isn’t too dramatic, isn’t over the top, and looks fabulous for your personality traits. I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial and I will see you all again very soon!