Creating the purrfect (see what we did there?) cat eye look isn’t all that difficult, and it can be a lot of fun. For those just starting out with makeup application, or for those who haven’t ever dared to give it a try out of intimidation, it can be a bit scary to give it a go. Today, Lionesse would like to help you learn how to create and get the perfect cat eye look – and when you’re done reading this article, we hope you will give it a try yourself.
Step 1: Choose Your Liner
First thing’s first: when it comes to purchasing a liner for the perfect cat eye, you are going to want to go with a liner that has a very smooth application capability, and opt for something black or brown. Cat eye looks are not usually achieved with other color variations, but perhaps once you get the hang of completing the look, you could give another color a try to co-ordinate with a specific outfit for a special occasion. To get the perfect cat eye, opt for a liquid or gel liner, or a cream based eye pencil. We recommend liquid liner because it gives you the most liquid, precise line with the felt tip applicator on the liner.
Step 2: Gather What You Need
Once you’ve purchased your liner, you will then need to gather some items together to get the look. You will need the following:
- Liquid liner (recommended) or other liner, such as a cream pencil or gel liner
- Makeup removing wipes for easy removal of mess-ups
From there, you are ready to begin creating your perfect cat eye look.
Step 3: Apply the Liner and Get the Look
Now that you’ve got your supplies, it’s time to get rockin’ and rollin’ on your look. Here’s how to do it:
- Apply a few dots as close to the lash line as possible with the liner, and begin connecting those dots from the innermost corner of the eye to the outer edge of the eye. Remember to stay as close to the lash line as possible. When you get to the outer corner of the eye, flick the brush or tip of the liquid liner upwards at a 45 degree angle. This will come into play for the cat eye look, and is known as a wing.
- About halfway across the upper eyelid after applying your thin eye, make the line thicker towards the outer edge of the eye. Connect it to the wing.
- On the bottom lash line, create a very thin line along the lash line and extend the outer corner up into the wing. Blend the corner well so that it meshes neatly into the wing.
- Clean up any mess ups with the cosmetic removing wipes, and apply a coat of mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Your look will be completed and look beautiful.
It may take some practice, but with time, you will be creating a perfect cat eye look that is unique to you and your own personal style.