Natural Ways to Remove Dye from Hair
Are you one of those looking to get hair color done? Well, while that golden streak of hair might look good on you, do realize that it can be often difficult to remove the color and dye from your hair. It is always a good idea to ask the professional the type of dye they are using and how you can remove the dye in the easiest way possible.
Removing the dye – the must knows
It often happens that you get a hair-color treatment or dye done on your hair but end up being unsatisfied with the same. You might have wanted a lighter tone than the one you got or the tone you got is quite light than you expected it to be. If this is the case and you wish to remove the dye from your hair, here are some natural ways to do so at home.
- Vitamin C tablets – Take around 8 to 10 vitamin C tablets, crush it well and make a thick paste out of it using some water. Dampen hair and apply the paste on it evenly. Let it rest for an hour and then wash out with a mild shampoo. The earlier you use this process after the dying, the more effective it is.
- Shampoo and baking soda – Use a dandruff shampoo as it is a little heavier than other shampoos and will be more effective in removing the dye. Baking soda on the other hand is a natural bleaching agent and helps remove color from hair. Mix 3 tablespoons of the shampoo with a teaspoon of baking soda. Wash your hair with this mix 2 to 3 times and give it a final rinse with cool water. Most of the dye will come out after 3 washes.
- Washing powder – Use a washing powder or even a clothing detergent to remove dark-colored hair dye. Damp your hair and apply a tablespoon of detergent on it. Lather well and rinse off. Repeat once again. When done, rinse off with cool water. It should take 3 to 4 washes for most of the dye to come out of your hair.
- Dish soap – You can use a dish soap easily to remove the dye from your hair. This is how it works. Take 5 to 6 teaspoons of dish soap and mix it with half the amount of any regular shampoo. Apply this mix to damp hair and lather really well. Allow the mix to penetrate deep within. Let the mix remain on your hair for 10 minutes after which you can wash off with cool water. Dish soap makes your hair very dry and this is why you should use a conditioner after you are done.
- Hot oil treatment – Oil helps to remove unwanted dye from your hair without causing any damage to it. Heat a bit of coconut or almond oil in a double boiler so that the heat does not getting applied to the oil directly. Warm the oil, but take care that you do not overheat. Shampoo your hair as you always do and then apply the warm oil to your hair from root to tip. When done, wrap your hair with a clean and warm towel and let it rest for an hour. When done, wash off oil with shampoo and conditioner again.