Now that it’s Spring, the long awaited festival season is here, and with it myriad festivals abound throughout the country. From Ultra Music Festival in Miami, to the Electric Daisy Carnival held at locations throughout the country, all the way to the Coachella Music & Arts Festival held in California, festivals abound and Lionesse would like to take a minute to focus on different makeup looks seen at festivals around the country.
Today, we have featured guest blogger Sarah McCormick, a beauty and hair blogger from Florida, who will be demonstrating the Electric Daisy eye makeup look. We hope you enjoy this simple, easy to do look, and stay tuned as we bring you more influential festival looks in the coming weeks. Over to Sarah.
The Electric Daisy Inspired Look
Today, I will be demonstrating how simple and easy it is to achieve a fantastic, colorful, whimsy look for your next Electric Daisy festival. For those who don’t know, the Electric Daisy Carnival is just that, a carnival , or some would say festival, featuring rides and also a music festival in which people dress up in their wildest rave-inspired wear, and adorn colorful, off the wall makeup that generally only suitable for just such events.
The look I went for is definitely Electric Daisy worthy, with a dark purple shimmer powder and bright metallic blue shadow, gold shimmer powder, bronze accent, and pink and purple liner to tie in the look. Super fun and exceptionally easy to do. I used the following to complete the look:
- SH-20 Gold Mineral Shimmer Powder by Lionesse
- SH-17 Purple Mineral Shimmer Powder by Lionesse
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Brash Blue
- Wet-n-Wild 334 “I’m Getting Sunburned’ Palette; used the Bronze hue
- NYC Eye Shadow Primer
- 3 different brushes for application and blending; a smoky wide tip brush, an eyeshadow brush, and a shadow defining brush
- NYC Highlight Crème
- Wet-n-Wild Purple Eyeliner Pencil
- MAC Funfare Technakohl Eye Liner Pencil (Pink)
The first step is to start with a fresh, clean face. Apply moisturizer, then foundation and cover up. After that, apply eyeshadow primer from the eyelids, to the inner corner of the eye, all the way up to the brow bone. From there, it’s time to apply and have fun!
- Apply the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Brash Blue pigment to the inner corner of the eye, to about halfway across the eyelid. Blend out a bit to the remaining eyelid, but only enough to make it look as though it faded naturally.
- Apply the Purple Lionesse Shimmer Powder to the remainder of the eyelid, tapping it along the lid to the outer corner of the eye. Use a blending brush to blend the edges of the pigment well and bring the color up and over the blue hue, towards the inner corner of the eye. Don’t take the color too high near the eyebrow, keep about ½ inch away for another color application.
- From there, apply a thin layer of highlight crème to the brow bone, all the way across from one side of the brow to the other.
- Apply purple liner to bottom lash line, followed by the pink liner directly underneath. Use a brush to blend the colors together a bit and blend outward away from the eye.
- Apply a generous layer of Lionesse Gold Shimmer powder over the top of the highlight crème, and take the color down into the corner of the eye. Apply an accent of the bronze hue on the inner corner of the eye over the gold.
- Check the colors to make sure they are still vibrant and brilliant. If any touch-ups are needed, apply where necessary.
- Use a finishing spray to set your pigments and shadows into place, and voila! Simple, easy and beautiful.