“Shout out to all the makeup I haven’t bought yet… I’m coming’ for you”
Oh yes, ladies, the struggle is real. If you’re a makeup addict, then you know it’s not actually your fault. Rather, it’s all because of your favorite aunt, glamorous grandmother, or whoever introduced you to makeup, gave you a glimpse into the beauty world. Just like that, you realized you needed to try any kind of product you could get your hands on.
The addiction starts out as more of a hobby. Of course, you remember collecting every lip smackers item you could get your hands on; if your brother was allowed to collect Pokémon cards and call that a hobby, then your non-conditioning lip product collection was most certainly a hobby…right? As you get older, you clock into overtime watching every woman you know applies their makeup. Soon enough lip smackers are a thing of the past and you’re experimenting with different looks. It was probably right around this time when you realized just how much you loved makeup, you couldn’t get enough of it, and your friends and family were suggesting that you were a makeup addict.
For all you might-be makeup addicts out there, read through the list below which entails the signs that you are, indeed, a makeup addict.
- Beauty bags are for mere beginners. It would take at least three beauty bags to hold all of your cosmetics, which is why your makeup has its own tri-fold suitcase.
- You can’t walk through a drug store without perusing the makeup isle. What was the reason you stopped there on the way home from work? Who cares, as long as you got a few new products!
- You fall in love with a specific product and swear you’ll never need anything else…until you find that even better product(!), you know the one that’s too similar for anyone else to even notice there’s a difference.
- You could spend days watching (and critiquing) makeup tutorials. Why bother subscribing to Netflix when you can access unlimited amounts of YouTube free?
- Your friends ask you to get them ready for their date…which means your makeup application techniques are considered a talent.
- Your makeup is on point regardless of the occasion. Are you going to a five-star restaurant or getting an arm workout with the spoon and ice-cream container tonight? The world may never know.
- You silently apologize to Mother Nature for all the times you use an aerosol container and mass amounts of plastic you possess. Which is why you rinse your empties and always recycle them.
- You’re on a budget. But there’s always an exception for anything that falls under the category of “beauty products.”
So maybe there’s a little makeup addict in each of us, but we don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Oh, and if your boyfriend has a problem with your beauty habit, don’t listen to his complaints; we believe that every woman deserves a man who doesn’t just support your beauty addiction, but pre-orders that new eyeshadow palette you’re dying to try.