Festival season is here, and it’s about to get into full swing with many different music and art festivals throughout the country about to kick off their tours and events. Although there are different styles of dress and cosmetic application, there is nothing quite like the look of a Coachella girl. Lionesse is here to give you the lowdown on how you can get the look yourself.
This fun, helpful tutorial we are presenting today is brought to you by our guest blogger, Sarah McCormick, an expert beauty and hair blogger from Florida. This post includes her Coachella inspired tutorial to help you achieve the look yourselves.
How to Get Coachella Ready
Today, it’s all about music festival readiness – namely, Coachella. Coachella is a music and arts festival held in the lovely state of California. Many celebrities can be seen in attendance, and it is a much anticipated time of year for music and art lovers alike. The festival itself has inspired some pretty cool fashion, beauty, and hair trends, and today, I’d like to show you how to achieve a simplified Coachella look in a snap that’s super easy to complete yourself, looks gorgeous, and is easy to accomplish with products you probably already have at home.
Here’s what you need (or, at least, what I used) to get my look:
- Lionesse Eye Shimmers – SH-09 and SH-11
- Pink eyeliner pencil
- Tinted Moisturizing Cream
- Body jewels – I used Diamondesque jewels and adhesive, if the jewels are not self-stick
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Stila Lip Glaze in Glamour – E0
- Eyelid Primer
- Hippie or Boho style Headband or head wrap
- Boho styled bag or satchel
Here’s how to get my look.
- Wash your face, removing all traces of makeup and giving your face a fresh, clean feel.
- Moisturize with a tinted moisturizer.
- Apply eyelid primer to the lids.
- Using an eye shadow brush, pat the pearl colored shimmer powder very lightly across both eyelids, bringing it up to the bottom of your eyebrow.
- Over the top of the pearl powder, apply a generous dusting of the pink hued powder.
- Apply liquid eye liner across the top lash line, bringing the edges up and out from the eye in a winged look.
- Apply mascara to the top lashes from the middle of the lash to the edge to offer length without gunking up your lashes.
- Apply your body jewels in whatever pattern you like under one eyebrow, and on the other eye, apply under the eye area in whatever pattern you like. You can also apply a jewel over the bridge of your nose in the center of your forehead, between the brows.
- Use your pink liner pencil to offer a pop of pink color to the inner corners of your eye; blend out a bit. You can also use your liner to draw designs or flowers such as the one I drew around the jewel in the center of my forehead, or you can leave that part out – it’s up to you and your own personal preference.
- Apply Stila lip glaze to lips.
- Apply a light bit of bronzer or blush if you like – it’s up to you!
- When it comes to doing your hair, opt for flowy, carefree locks. Whether you wear it straight or curly, down is best!
Wear your headband or head wrap around the front of your forehead to get the look. Add some hippie inspired sunglasses or boho styled aviators to finish the look. If you want to go all the way, pair your clothes with the same boho style as the makeup and hair, and wear lots of fringe, if possible. If you still have your chokers from when you were a kid, now is the time to break them out and make use of them. That style is back full swing, and pairs amazingly with this look.
If you follow this guide and how to, you can’t mess this up – it’s simple, it’s easy, it’s gorgeous – and it only takes a few minutes to do. Feel free to share it with your friends before heading out to Coachella and you can all be festival ready in a snap.